The History of the primary school goes back to 1921 and Bro. Lewis was in charge of the Elementary School , Standard 2 to Elementary School Leaving Certificate . There were 3 long Cadjan sheds with 8 primary classes. In 1929 Rev. Bro. Paschal took charge the Primary Dept. He was a musician . There were great achievements in the choir and the news paper articles referred them as “Magic Singers” from Negombo. In 1935 Mr. Joseph was the head master of the Primary School. In 1941 January Rev. Bro. Nizier took charge of the Primary school. In 1950 Mr. Leonard Obris acted as the principal since Rev. Bro. Nizier went to Europe. The section was expanded with a new building and Rev. Bro. Xavior was the architect of it. In 1959 Rev. Bro. Gerard Peris was the next principal of the Primary section. The primary had been going as a separate 3rd grade aided school with a separate tutorial staff and annual returns. This position was contested and the government gave back the primary school. Now it is a section of the upper school under the principal as a non fee levying school. Rev. Bro. Joseph Fonseka succeeded Bro. Gerard . “Order leads to God” is one of his firm beliefs . He was a very methodical person . By 1972 he left for further studies and Rev. Bro. Ephrum Obris became the sectional head. Rev. Bro. Gerard took over the primary school again . Rev. Bro. Shanthi Liyanage , Late Rev. Bro. Dela Soyza , Rev. Bro. Remigius Fernando succeeded him. Rev. Bro. Sales Fernando (F.M.S) succeeded them as a dedicated Administrator .
Today the college has become one of the leading schools in the island and the reason for its popularity is the dedication and the loyalty of the staff . Therefore there is a big demand by the parents for the admission .
It is our prayer that mother Mary of the school considered as “Maris Stella” showers her blessing on our journey.